Robots.txt file in blogger blog play a vital role in SEO. Robots.txt file will surely increase your SEO rank if your put it in your blogger dashboard in proper way. Robots.txt file comes with new blogger interface. We always talking about blogger search preferences but we forget about the basic tools which can make our blog SEO friendly in a seconds. Now a days robot.txt file used by many pro bloggers that is why because of increasing theirs blog traffics and it also helps to eliminate some unpopular parts of your blog from search indexing. So the today article is all about robot.txt file.
Robots.txt file instruct the search engine bot and tells them which parts of the blog should be access and which parts of the blog should be blocked from indexing forever. Whenever bots search your blog it first check the robot.txt file and follow all the instructions which are given by the robot.txt file.
Custom Robots Header Tags
How to Add robots.txt file to blogger blog
- Go To Blogger >> Settings >> Search Preferences
- In The Crawlers and Indexing Sections, Look For The Custom Robots.txt
- Click On Yes and a Box Will Appear Like The Image Below
- Now Copy Below Following Code And Paste it in the box:
- Replace the red color my blog name your own blog address
- Finaly save click on save and you have done almost.
Study different part of Robots.txt file
These robots.txt lines tells the search robots to allow all the majors Search engines to crawl the home page. Means The User-agent: means the google search search robots and the sign (*) is used for all robots that is Google, Yahoo, Bing etc. While the Disallow:/ means if you don't want to allow search robots to access any particular page or directory existing on your sites/blog. See the another example for disallowing a page from my site:
User-agent: *Disallow: /images.html
In above robots.txt file we disallowed the robots to not access the page images.html because we don't want robots to even access this page.
- This was just only study about the various parts and lines of robots.txt file you just only need to copy the given code in the first section and paste in that box..thats is.
- Remember you must change probloggertricks with your own blog name.